2016 Annual Conference and Trade Show
May 15-18, 2016 | Wenatchee Convention Center, Wenatchee WA
| 2016 Presenting Sponsor
View all of our 2016 Conference Sponsors
View all of our 2016 speakers!
Photos coming soon to our Facebook Page!
- Overcoming Compost Contamination: A 360 Degree Perspective from Collection, Processing, & End-Use Market | Speakers: Lisa Dulude-Snohomish County, Susan Thoman-Cedar Grove, & Mason Giem-WSU Extension
- Going Beyond Bags with WRAP | Speakers: Tanya Gray-City of Vancouver, Stephanie Hicks-Trex, Shari Jackson-American Chemistry Council, Matt Englesby-Trex
- C&D: Paths to Zero Waste of Resources | Speakers: Kinley Deller-King County Solid Waste, Gabriella Uhlar-Heffner-Seattle Public Utilities, Kris Beatty-King County Solid Waste & Terry Gillis-Recovery1
- Measuring Our Success in the Face of a Changing Waste Stream | Speakers: Derric Brown-Evergreen Packaging/Carton Council, and Amity Lumper- Cascadia Consulting
- How Recycling Depots can Contribute to a Circular Economy | Speaker: Paul van der Werf-2cg
- Multi-Family Valet Recycling: It's In The Bag | Speaker: Jeanette Brizendine-City of Federal Way
- Policy, Legislation and Rules: The Future of Recycling | Speakers: Troy Lautenbach-Lautenbach Industries, Kevin Kelly-Recology CleanScapes, Alli Kingfisher-WA Dept. of Ecology
- Markets #3a-Recycling Markets Explained - An Economist's View | Speakers: Sego Jackson-Seattle Public Utilities, Dave Claugus-Pioneer Recycling
- The Path to Progress-Recycling Hard to Recycle Materials | Speaker: Terry Gillis-Recovery 1 & Carpet Processing & Recycling, LLC
- Bagging the Single-Use Habit-Addressing Human Behavior and Challenging the Status Quo | Speaker: Andy Keller- ChicoBags
- Plenary Session: State of the State: Washington Compost Systems at the Crossroads | Speakers: Jeff West-New Day Recycling and Olympic Organics, Susan Thoman-Cedar Grove Composting, Mason Giem- WSU Center for Sustaining Agriculture and Natural Resources, Mary Harrington-WA Dept. of Ecology, Scott Deatherage-Barr Tech Compost & Organics Recycling, Chad Kruger- WSU Center for Sustaining Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Markets #3b- From Supermarket to Curb to New Glass Packaging: Where does your empty container go and what happens to it? | Speakers: Abby Hart-Republic Services, Lana Getubig-Ardagh Group, Glass-Seattle, Carl Quinto-Strategic Materials
- Recycling Corps - Behavior Change on a Large Scale | Speakers: Joel Kohlstedt, Sarah Vaira & Michele Metzler-Waste Management
- Car Seat Reuse & Recycling: A Community and Industry Collaboration | Speakers: Suellen Mele-Zero Waste Washington, Sarah Schilz-WestSide Baby, Craig Lorch-Total Reclaim, Quinn Apuzzo-Recology CleanScapes
- Markets #3c- Float/Sink: A Market Update on Plastics and Metals | Speakers: Michelle Metzler-Waste Management, Dave Keeling-Steel Recycling Institute (SRI), Patty Moore-Moore Recycling Associates, Inc.
- Rethinking the Concept of Recycling- Recycling Waste Heat to Energy and Exploring Residual Ash Material Recovery | Speakers: Bart Kale-Bart Kale and Associates, Art Mains-Republic Services
- Food Service Packaging: How to get the food and not the contaminants | Speakers: Sego Jackson-Seattle Public Utilities, Nina Goodrich-GreenBlue
Stay in touch with our 2016 exhibitors!
2016 Student Guests
Meet our 2016 Student Guest Scholarship Recipients