For Immediate Release from WSRA
Anne Piacentino, Events and Communications Coordinator
Congratulations to the newly elected board members who will be joining the WSRA Board of Directors on July 1, 2016. Please join us in thanking these individuals for their passion and willingness to serve the association.
“We welcome these board members to WSRA. Our board members play an important role in helping set the strategic direction for our organization and leading many of our working committees. We are so appreciative of the time that they spend working on behalf of WSRA and the recycling industry in Washington state.” Says Anne Baunach, Executive Director of WSRA.
WSRA welcomes two individuals, new to the board for the 2016 – 2018 term:
• Jenna Higgins: Jenna is the Recycling Coordinator for the City of Kirkland. She has been in WSRA for the past 3 or 4 years including championing two WRED events.
• Ron Jones: Ron is the Senior Program Specialist with Waste ReSources at the City of Olympia. He has been involved with WSRA since 2001-02 and is currently serving as the champion for the upcoming packaging WRED event.
Those who were re-elected to the WSRA board for the 2016-2018 term include:
• Dustin Bender: Dustin is the General Manager of Sunshine Disposal & Recycling in Spokane. He has been involved with WSRA since 2001 and is currently serving as the organization’s treasurer.
• Scott Campbell: Scott is the Manager of Waste Connections, Inc. in Vancouver, WA. He has been involved with WSRA since 2002 and has been a multi-term president for the organization.
• Alli Kingfisher: Alli is the Materials Management & Sustainability Specialist for the Washington State Department of Ecology in their Spokane office. She has been involved in WSRA in a number of different capacities including co-chairing the 2016 WSRA Conference.
• Charlie Maxwell: Charlie works on Public Relations for LeMay Pierce County Refuse. He has been involved in WSRA since 1993 and has been an integral part of starting and expanding the Student Scholarship program.
• Lisa Sepanski: Lisa is a Program/Project Manager III for King County’s Solid Waste Division. She has been serving as a co-chair of the Policy & Advocacy Committee this past year.
You can read more about the Board of Directors on www.wsra.net. If you have questions about the associations structure or joining the Board of Directors, please contact Anne Baunach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Washington State Recycling Association (WSRA), formed in 1976, provides leadership, networking, advocacy and education to foster the expansion, diversity and economic vitality of recycling in support of sustainable resource management. Its 280 member organizations and over 700 individual members include private, community and government recycling agencies, generators of recyclables, collectors, processors, transporters, broker, commodity markets, recycled content product manufacturers, and others. Contact Washington State Recycling Association, 206-244-0311, www.wsra.net.