Call for Presentations for the 2015 Social Marketing SPARKS Conference
Thursday, July 16, 2015
Posted by: Anne Piacentino
2015 SPARKS Conference
Presented by the Pacific Northwest Social Marketing Association (PNSMA)
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
The organizers of the 2015 Social Marketing SPARKS Conference invite proposals for presentations.
This year’s event will be held Monday, December 14, 2015 at the Museum of Flight in Seattle Washington.
We are looking for enthusiastic presenters that can share ideas and innovations in Social Marketing. What have you done that has pushed the envelope? What is the next horizon in social marketing? What new ideas or innovations would you like to share with other social marketers?
Proposals for presentations are due Tuesday, September 1, 2015
· Describe innovations or ideas related to social marketing and influencing behavior.
· Focus on a single key insight. Strive to share that “ah-ha!” moment.
· Highlight tangible results. Use real-world examples.
· Emphasize efforts that lead to systemic change.
· Focus on:
- behavior change related to public health, injury prevention, environmental health, or community wellbeing, or
- advanced theory in influencing behavior.
· Be captivating and engaging for the audience. Presentations should be TED/TEDx styled talks. They should be entertaining as well as informative. This is not your standard conference presentation!
Presentations should not:
· Present detailed case studies.
· Describe ongoing activities.
· Promote a business, organization, product, or service.
· Use a lot of slides.
· Focus on social media, advertising, or general outreach (remember, Social Marketing is about influencing behaviors for good).
Presentations may be between 10 and 18 minutes long. There will be no podium. Expect to present from a stage with theatre lighting. Slides are discouraged; however a few slides with compelling visuals and minimal words to illustrate your point are acceptable. Multi-media presentations are acceptable and are subject to the technology limitations of the venue.
If you have presented at SPARKS in the past, you may be considered as a speaker provided your presentation topic is new.
PROPOSALS MUST INCLUDE:
· Speaker contact information including name, title, affiliation, email address, daytime phone, and mailing address.
· The title of your presentation.
· A presentation abstract of not more than 200 words.
· A one-sentence statement describing the key point or theme of your presentation – your key insight or “ah-ha” moment.
· The category in which your presentation best fits:
o Public health
o Injury prevention
o Environmental health and protection
o Community wellbeing
o Advanced theory in influencing behavior
Email your proposal to Dave Ward at (firstname.lastname@example.org). Include the above information in the body of your email. Do not include attachments. Proposals are due Tuesday, September 1, 2015.
Selected speakers will be notified by October 1, 2015.