Presenter: David Hein, P.Eng.
V.P. of Transportation & Principal Pavement Engineer
Applied Research Associates (ARA)
Wed., January 28th @ 11 a.m. PST / 2 p.m. EST,
Credits: 1 PDH / 0.1 CEU
The U.S. Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and organizations around the world have embraced roadway innovation, and as a result, have spurred the introduction and deployment of numerous innovative roadway techniques and processes. So what’s new? And what’s next?
Join returning speaker David Hein to explore the latest innovation in roadway design, construction, and maintenance from around the world. Join us as we explore real-world case studies of innovation in design, construction, and maintenance infrastructure; how you can best adopt these new processes and procedures in your designs; key resources for successful innovation deployment; AND the potential for positive impact in your projects.
In this webinar, we’ll explore the highlights of innovation in roadway design, construction, and maintenance from around the world through a series of case studies detailing the techniques, use, benefits, and the best practices for implementation, including:
- Intelligent Compaction
- Warm Mix Asphalt
- Pre-Cast Concrete Slabs
- Adaptive Signal Controls
- Synthetic Asphalt Cement
- Three Dimensional Engineered Models
- Alternative Technical Concepts
- Construction Manager General Contractor
- Accelerated Bridge Construction
- High Friction Surfaces
- Next Generation Concrete Pavement Surface Texture
- In-Place Recycling Techniques for Pavement Renewal
Within this discussion we’ll explore how each of these innovations can contribute to the improvement of our transportation infrastructure and become a standard to achieve. We’ll also take a look at the potential for roadway innovation and the value for roadway design, construction, and maintenance. Additionally, we’ll review how these new techniques can help reduce roadway environmental impacts, reduce project time and costs, and improve safety for the travelling public and roadway workers. And finally, we’ll review the key factors, best practices, and available resources to assist you in implementing these innovative techniques within your projects.
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives.
- Understand the benefits of implementing roadway design, construction,
and maintenance techniques.
- Learn the key factors and elements in ensuring successful adoption
of new processes and procedures.
- Identify potential sources for detailed information on innovation
- Learn how to select the best practices for your roadway project and
which resources you need to assist you in implementing.
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour. Presentations may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are.
Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.