Energy Export Permitting in the Northwest
A Technical Workshop on Environmental & Safety Issues
Related to Coal, Crude Oil & Natural Gas Export
June 16, 2014
8:30 am - 5:00 pm (reception following)
Sea-Tac Airport Conference Center
(Inside the Airport Terminal)
Air & Waste Management Association
Northwest Environmental Business Council
A forum for reasoned discussion. In the midst of the controversy surrounding fossil fuel energy exports, this workshop is designed to explore the facts, and to provide a science-based, regulation-based platform for discussing the specific issues pertaining to energy transport and export through Oregon and Washington.
A range of environmental experts and representatives of the energy and transportation industries will present perspectives on:
- The Market Forces Behind Energy Exports
- The Federal & State Permitting Framework
- Natural Gas – Pipelines & LNG Terminals
- Coal – Trains & Terminals
- Crude Oil – Safety Considerations
- Transport Capacity & Impacts – Rail & Marine
• Get beyond the headlines on these issues.
• Examine the science behind the impacts.
• Learn about the permitting realities.
• Explore international market dynamics.
• Meet and network with other professionals.
Who Should Attend?
• Government Regulators
• Municipality & Port Decision Makers
• Transportation & Safety Planners
• Engineers, Consultants & Attorneys
• Energy Industry Managers
• Transportation Industry Managers